Saturday, December 27, 2008

Baby Surprise Jacket

Here is my Baby Surprise Jacket. (Pattern found in The Opinionated Knitter, along with the adult surprise jacket and little matching mitered bonnet and booties.) I've got two grand babies coming, and I hope one of them will be a girl so she can wear this. I finished weaving in the ends and putting on the buttons today. I used Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn, Sun River colorway. It's not very exciting on the skein, I think - too much fuchsia - but when it's knit up I absolutely love it!

Here's a detail of the buttons. Aren't they perfect? I'm sure they're made from Fimo clay. Should be easy peasy to make some next time!

















Here's a close up of the buttons and miters after washing. This particular yarn gets softer and softer every time you wash it. The mohair in it blooms beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment