Thursday, December 18, 2008

Welcome to my new blog! My sister goaded me into starting a blog for my knitting. She's got a fabulous blog of her own. She does lots of tutorials and is an apronista extrordinaire. You can visit her here: http://mybyrdhouse.blogspot.com/

Right now I several projects on my knitting needles. I'm making a gi-normous bag that I based the color and pattern on a Navajo rug. I've got a pair of socks from Kat's book New Pathways for Sock Knitters that keep getting set aside for urgent family knitting. Of course, I've got a couple of Christmas presents going, but I daresn't give any details on those until after the fat man comes.

I just finished the cutest little Baby Surprise Jacket (pattern available here: http://www.schoolhousepress.com/spunout.htm). I'm teaching a knitting class on it in January. I used double-stranded Mountain Colors Bearfoot sock yarn. It's such yummy yarn! I've made a couple of pairs of socks out of it, and it only gets softer as you wash it. The machine washable-ness of it makes it perfect for baby clothes.

Hopefully pics soon to come!

1 comment:

  1. I like the colors of your blog they are very nice. And I really like your profile picture. You're such a devil!

    ReplyDelete